Treat yourself to this scrumptious Green Pizza with Pesto, Feta, Artichokes, and Broccoli … it’s one of my untouched most loved formulas, and it’s certain to end up your fave, as well!
Prior to moving to New York, my better half and I lived in San Francisco. Our initial couple of weeks there were somewhat awkward, no doubt.
Our furnishings was being dispatched from Chicago, and we invested a ton of energy sitting on our inflatable cushion. Allows simply state that I was exceptionally energized when our furnishings at long last arrived … ha!
It was February, and after the majority of our moving costs, I wasn’t anticipating anything exceptional for Valentine’s Day.
Our arrangements were to arrange pizza and drink some wine. When I opened the pizza box, I was astonished by a heart-molded pie (figure out how to make your own heart-formed pizza here).
It was so sweet and made our night significantly increasingly exceptional!
For Basil-Spinach Pesto :
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves lightly packed
- 1 cup spinach leaves lightly packed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
For Pizza and Toppings :
- 2 heads broccoli (not bunches)
- 1 lb pizza dough
- nonstick spray or olive oil
- 1 (14 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If pizza dough has been refrigerated, remove from the fridge so it can warm up a bit.
Prepare pesto :
- Add walnuts to a small skillet over medium heat; cook until lightly toasted, stirring often. Let cool.
- Combine walnuts, garlic, basil, and spinach in a food processor; process until minced.
- Add Parmesan, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until completely smooth. Set aside.
Prepare pizza :
- Cut broccoli into small florets and place in a microwaveable dish with a lid.
- Drizzle with a couple tablespoons water, cover, and microwave until just tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain water from broccoli and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray. (I usually put a little oil on the pan, then spread it with a paper towel. That way the oil is distributed evenly, and the paper towel soaks up any excess oil.)
- Place pizza dough on pan and press to the edges of the pan. (If the dough draws back from the edges, let it rest for a few minutes and then press again. Repeat until dough is relaxed and covers the entire pan.)
- Top dough with a thin layer of pesto. (You will have pesto left over; I only used about half.)
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese over the pesto.
- Evenly distribute broccoli and artichokes over cheese.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and then sprinkle with feta.